Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy {belated} Valentine's Day!

Hey, better late than never, right?

Holidays are always exciting with a preschooler in the house. Thanks to a few creative teachers, we always get an adorable craft from our little man, and who doesn't like receiving gifts? But the best part is actually giving the gifts. He is so animated these days, the things that come out of his mouth just kill me! Along with a ton of candy that I will probably throw away in a few days, we got him a dinosaur lego set...nothing major, something I picked up last minute (story of my life). When he opened it, he exclaimed "Oh wow Mommy! How did you know? I've been waiting for this guy forever!" and then squeezed both of us. How precious is that? Of course we got Isabella a little something too, but she is too young to really care...tissue paper is present enough for her. And like a dummy, I wrote "Happy 1st Valentine's Day" in her card...her first birthday was 4 days ago, clearly this is not her first Valentine's Day. I blame it all on Mommy Brain. :)

Hubs and I actually got to have a mini-date night. His grandparents watched the kiddos while we enjoyed a quiet, kid-free dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants. It was exactly what we needed.


Hope you all had a fabulous day with your valentine!

xoxo

3 comments: